Children as Future of Mankind Thoughts of World Greatest Men
Children are the Future of Mankind. The development of child as a successful human being is essentially linked with family bonds. This family bond has weakened in many advanced countries. Marriage has been replaced by Life Together. As a result, the number of children and youth has fallen rapidly. In countries where family bonds are strong, children are the priority of all members of the family. That children are the hope of our future is expressed here by the quotes of the greatest Geniuses of history who have suggested their opinions about Child Development.
Children The Bonding of Family
To talk about Children is to begin from the family itself. To talk about family is to begin from the culture of any country. Countries with a strong culture have strong family bonds. Countries with very high levels of living and technological advancement have low family bonds. In some such countries, even marriage is not a preferred choice of the citizens. So, these countries are suffering from the paucity of children and youth. These countries are suffering from the Post-Development crisis. A large majority of people in these countries are preferring “Live Together”, instead of “Marriage”. In a sense, “Family Bond” has loosened there. These countries are suffering from extreme labor shortages too. That is very unfortunate. Because “Family” is the oldest institution in human history since the phase of the “Homo-Sapiens”.
Family as Household
So, let us talk about countries where “Family” is still the dominant form of love for life. In these countries, Family is the last unit of the society, it is called Household. A Child in these families is the hope of the family, the dream of the family, the future of the family. In these countries, a child gets the best care of family members, depending on levels of living, education and culture. Here there are many caveats. In rural areas, a family head may not know that cost of bringing, grooming, caring a child is actually an investment, not expenditure. The best investment to give the child education, good health, manners, culture, play, Yoga, ability to take risks, to learn to dream, to respect, to enjoy without harming others, to sign in life.
In any country, developed, or developing, childbearing, growing, educating is costly now; it is actually not an expenditure, it is Capita formation, Human Capital that will give a huge harvest in the future. It does not matter whether you are poor or rich. If parents take care of these duties, their child will become a respectable citizen, a global citizen; she/he will become a citizen of the world; she will not be confined to the country of birth, place of birth. Many developed countries will give her red carpet so that she will help her parents to become global citizens. This is the beauty of the 21st century.
As we have seen across the world, most families give their children toys run by batteries; toys that do not encourage imagination, dream, creativity. Actually, they do not allow their children to be unfolded, they unfortunately make their children robot. These parents try to make their children as they are, or what they have failed to become. This ultimately nullifies the cause of Almighty Nature for which these children are born.
We are presenting here quotes of the greatest Geniuses of history who have suggested their opinions about Child Development.
Tagore did not go to school to get a degree. In fact, he does not have any qualifications or degrees or Educational certificates.
- “At first, children must gather knowledge through their life because children are in love with their life, and it is their first love.
- “Wealth is a golden cage in which the children of the rich are bred into artificial deadening of their powers.”
- “Luxuries are the burdens of other people’s habits, the burdens of the vicarious pride and pleasure which parents enjoy through their children”
- “When I had to face the question of my own sons’ education, the first thing I did was to take him away from the town surroundings into a village and allow him the freedom of primeval nature, as far as it is available in modern days. He had a river where he swam and rowed without check from the anxiety of his elders. He spent his time in the fields and on the trackless sandbanks, coming late to his meals without being questioned.”
- “Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man.”
- “If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.”
Thomas Alva Edison was dispelled from Nursery school due to his dullness as per Nursery School teachers. His poor mother (father left) taught him at home. Edison became one of the greatest scientists of all time.
- I remember that I was never able to get along at school. I was at the foot of the class.
- “Religion prevents our children from having a rational education; religion prevents us from removing the fundamental causes of war; religion prevents us from teaching the ethic of scientific cooperation in place of the old fierce doctrines of sin and punishment.”
- “Men (read Children) are born ignorant, not stupid; they are made stupid by the educational system.”
“The creative writer does the same as the child at play; he creates a world of fantasy which he takes very seriously.”
“The best way to make children good is to make them happy.”
“When I approach a child, he inspires in me two sentiments — tenderness for what he is and respect for what he may become.”
“A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on.”
“If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with the children.”
So, we learn from the greatest human beings born on this planet that children are the only hope of this divided world in the name of Nation, Religion, Language, Richness and Power. The next chapter is therefore devoted to how to blossom the inner talents of the children without poisoning their Childhood.
Nurturing, grooming and developing the full potential of a Child is a vast domain. So, we have to go at a slow pace with meticulous details.